Saturday, August 25, 2007

Top half of the table tomorrow.

I tried to dig up us much as I can on tomorrows opponents but there wasn’t much I could find. I don’t know if I'm looking in the right places though. Two memorable games that I can remember though with Spurs are coming back from 1-0 down at home in the last game of the season in 1999. This come back was the first of three vitals games towards the treble. Another is the 5-3 come back at white heart lane on the 29th of September 2001, with Beckham, Blanc, Cole, Van Nistelrooy and Veron the scorers.

We have played Spurs 30 times in the EPL winning 22 losing 3, not once have we lost at home but we have drawn 3 times. In total we have played Spurs 162 times won 74 and lost 46. The 30 games we have played in the EPL have seen a total of 80 goals which is just below a 3 goals per game average.

Today our 3 rivals for the title all won their games which leave us 8 point behind Chelsea. A must win game for us tomorrow.

I think the score is going to be 3-0 in our favor. I know this sounds optimistic considering my last three predictions but let me set something straight. I NEVER THINK WE ARE GOING TO LOSE. Not once since I have started watching football have I ever thought we would lose and I never will. Even if we are playing Real Madrid with our reserve team will I think a loss for us impossible. I say that when a player walks onto the field wearing a United strip he is a 25% better footballer. United is about passion and heart. Players will always have the backing of the fans regardless of the odds.

UNITED WE STAND.

No comments: