Friday, August 31, 2007

Man United v Keano

Tomorrows visitors are managed by United legend Roy Keane. Keano holds a special place in my heart but to be honest I did think it was time for him to leave when he did. Although SAF should have had a replacement for him but alas he didn’t and it took us time to adjust to his absence.

This weekend isn’t about ‘Keano’ it’s about Sunderland coming to OT to get a thumping. They beat spurs on the first day of the season and have since then failed to win another. United have to get another win tomorrow if we are to win the title this year. We can’t afford to draw again and I don’t think it’s possible to lose to them at home ever.

We don’t only need to win tomorrow, we need to win convincingly. This will make the players more confident and with Ronaldo returning against Chelsea it should make our title challenge very strong, we must not slip up again though.

We have played Sunderland 121 times in all competitions and have won 50, lost 38. In the EPL we have played 12 times won 8 lost 1. We have beaten them in all games at home bar the draw in April 2006 which is also the last game we played them. This will not happen tomorrow. My score prediction is 4-0 (I said convincing didn’t I)

I wasn’t able to find any team news up till now but Saha will surely play tomorrow as SAF has said.

UWS

2 comments:

Neil Webster said...

A special place in your heart!!!! When I first met you, you said he was shit and needed to leave!!! Ha Ha Ha.

Keano!! Keano!! Keano!!!

Andrew K said...

Sure he will have a special place in my heart, but like i said towards the end even SAF was playing P Neville instead of Keane. Every player needs to go at some time and when I met you i though it was Keanes time to go and look a few months later he let... Maybe I should manage United haha (but if Fantasy league credentials are anything to go by I wouldnt even get a boksburg high coaching roll haha)