Thursday, August 9, 2007

Here we go again

I had trouble with the naming of this post, what could I possibly name it? The end of two boring months (It wouldn't have been so bad if there had been a World cup or Euro Cup but every two years we have to go through this). The start of the season! The start of endless debates! The start of weekends spent on the couch! The start of spending four hours on Friday doing changes to my fantasy team! The start of spending 20 minutes on Monday morning discussing the weekends football (and mistakes I made on my fantasy team)! I couldn’t think of anything.

All I can say is Whoohoo, It’s the start of the English Premier League. I’ve already spent 5 hours today chopping and changing my Fantasy Team (http://fantasy.premierleague.com/) and I still haven’t finished. For the second year running we have wagered money to see who has got the managerial skills of SAF, but it’s not about the money it’s about PRIDE. Its about respect (Yes Pimpsta's I know you going to read this. Well done for last year).

Monday morning debates! Monday mornings after a Man United win and a Liverpool lose is going to be fantastic these days, because my best mate who is a avid Liverpool supporter (and one of the pimpstas who won last years fantasy league) has joined the same company I work for and its going to be great to have the whole "who is better" debates on those Mondays. God bless me if its one of those weekends when we lose and they win, ok ok it happens once or twice a year but F**k me will I hear it on the following Monday morning." Have some F**king Respect for the most successful British Club" "The Rafalution has begun" "Steven G to Torres...Goal" "This is the year we win it" and on and on and on. Now that’s what you call Monday morning blues.

Its time for the lads to start getting together again and spend that quality time together not saying a single word to each other for 90 minutes besides "O come on man he should have passed that" "Pass the ashtray" " Shotgun not getting the chips" " Yessssss, Whooohooooo, come on you boykies" and that’s it, that’s our entire vocabulary for 90 minutes. It’s the time that we have the DO NOT DISTURB signs hanging from our brains. For those 90 minutes we don’t know if those shoes go with that top. We do not know any numbers for restaurants so we can’t make reservations. We are unaware of the other channels available to us, so don’t ask us to change the channel. In fact we are unaware of anything around us except for the T.V and people wearing football shirts.

Goodluck to supporters of all teams. Enjoy 10 months of the beautiful game.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So now i know why the to do list is getting longer and longer, and why you have not made much progress, nevertheless, nice blog. heheheheh.

Neil Webster said...

Spare a thought for those of us who have to get at some un-godly hour and watch all alone with the tv turned down.....

Neil Webster said...

Oh well, at least I'm second favourite to win the fantasy league..........

Neil Webster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twenty_Legend said...

Its going to be good fun ripping the dreams and aspirations all our liverpoodles mates have. AGAIN. and AGIAN and AGAIN. Top blog mate