Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Porstmouth V Manchester United

Well its going to be an interesting game considering Pompeys good record against us at Fratton Park. We've only won once there in the FAPL and lost 3 times. Played 67 Competitive matches won 39 and lost 19 with 12 of them being away. That's means we've won less than half our games against them. Last year saw us leave Fratton park 2-1 losers with Mr Versatility (O'Shea) scoring.

Statistics out the way, let me tell you how I feel about this game. With Rooney injured and Teves coming into play earlier than expected, I think he has something to prove and that is that United are not dependent on any one player. I was at Fratton park in 2006 and we came away 3-1 winners. Since that was the only time I have seen United in England I will always have a positive feeling about the game. Also considering we drew on the weekend we have to win just to keep the critics quiet and to shut up my annoying friends (Sergio) from Liverpool .

To recap on the games I have watched up until now, I have to say that the best goals ive seen have been Gerrard's free kick and Kapo's goal against Chelski. Best Football I've seen so far is Arsenal in the second half of their match against Fulham (That's not taking United's dominant possession without scoring performance against Reading into account). Most Shocking team till now has to be Spurs. 35 million upfront, apparently the best strike force in the FAPL and 2 terrible games.

GGMU

No comments: