Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Another 1-0

I didn’t get to watch the game on Saturday but I did watch the Roma game. All Tommy Smyth (With a Y) was mentioning all the time was how United doesn’t look like the same squad we were last season. The reason he was saying this is because we have won all our games 1-0.

Yes I agree with him, but we are pulling off these wins without our team clicking yet…Imagine when we do. As long as we win these games while we are still trying to find our feet is 100% ok with me. As a devout United fan I can’t wait to watch them play and get that feeling of when we score a goal. It would be fantastic if we could win all our games by putting three or four goals away but getting the three points is what puts you on top of the table.

As long as we not conceding we only need to score one goal don’t we. We have only conceded 2 goals at OT and that was that dismal game in the carling cup to Coventry City. In all other competitions we have had a brilliant back line (which has looked shaky once or twice I must admit) but this isn’t school boy football, all the teams that we play press hard and will make defenders crack at one point or another. To alleviate this problem we need to score more goals obviously but when our forwards will be up to that task I don’t know.

No comments: