Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Gloomy rant.

I’m sitting here listening to the United v Coventry goal and City just scored, now they just hit the post. Thank God its not on TV I would have broken it by now.

Going back to Sundays game and there were some debatable decisions by the referee but SAF came out and said that the decisions were balanced throughout the game. I don’t want to get involved in this debate, all I can say that we got the three points and we deserved them because we dominated the game. Grants first game in charge was fantastic, I bet Roman is scratching his head thinking what he is going to do know. Rumors on the net today say that Chelsea approached Van Basten to join them but a statement from the club says this was not true.

My fantasy team has been dealt a major blow this week. 8 days after I put Owen in my team Newcastle come out and say he needs to have surgery again, there go another 4 points to transfer him out. I feel sorry for Owen he is a good player that has been plagued by injury for the best part of his career.

First half over. United 0 -1 Coventry.

I bet SAF wishes he had Rooney on the bench. He must give them a good talking to during the break.


3 minutes extra time called and united trail 2-0, the Coventry fans can’t believe what’s happening and neither do I. How can we lose to them at home? From the sound of it United had 2 good chances in the game and that’s it. End of the game and end of this post I’m going to sleep my depression off.

1 comment:

Kyriacos K said...

Listening to the game last night on 5live I was very impressed by the attendance of the Coventry supporters who numbered 11 000, well done to these supporters.

What impressed me more was the total crowd at Old Trafford last night standing at 74,055 these are impressive numbers for a Carling Cup game, however according to radio commentators the ground was not that full... the full story follows which was told on 606 lastnight from a large number of unhappy manU supporters.

All season ticket holders were forced to buy tickets at £25 even though they would not attend the game.

One Supporter said "Many supporters based around the UK travel many miles each week to see their team play however a midweek trip like his from london to manchester would cost £150 for travelling + expenses and not even knowing if you will be seeing a full team or the reserve teenagers been given a runout by the manager.

Another said... "we are being forced to watch the game tonight"

This seems very unfair with no respect to the supporters who are already paying a high price for season tickets which at most clubs include cups game for free.